Monday, July 22, 2013

King Benjamin

This week went by really quick. We ended up not having a baptism because of some problems that we couldnt end up (evitando?). Sorry, dont know how to say that in english. But this week we are going to keep working so that the barriers can get out of our way to the waters of baptism.

We had 4 people in church. 2 new people, the grandkids of an hermana that loves the missionaries. She invited us over for the Día del Amigo and we met the grandkids... I remembered about an activity taht they were doing for the Jóvenes in the church at 5 that afternoon and i invited them. They ended up goign to church and loving it! Hopefully we can talk to their parents a little better and start teaching the family.

Juan and Dalma didn´t end up coming this week, so they will be getting baptized next week....

Melania went to church in Córdoba capital.

Christian came to chruch again and hopefully we can find him during the week so that he can get taught!!! :D He´s super cool! Way humble.

Wow.... I can´t believe it is ending. These have been the best two years of my entire life. I have learned so many things in these last couple of weeks. There are so many things that I want to say but I cant find the words to express them. I just want to say the same thing that King Benjamin has said in te times of old when he said,
14 And even I, myself, have alabored with mine own bhands that I might serve you, and that ye should not be claden with taxes, and that there should nothing come upon you which was grievous to be borne—and of all these things which I have spoken, ye yourselves are witnesses this day.

15 Yet, my brethren, I have not done these things that I might aboast, neither do I tell these things that thereby I might accuse you; but I tell you these things that ye may know that I can answer a clear bconscience before God this day.

16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.

17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

I am so greatful for hte opportunity that I have had to serve God with all of my heart for teh last two years. I know that this is not the end of my service.... To quote King Benjamin again,

21 I say unto you that if ye should aserve him who has created you from the beginning, and is bpreserving you from day to day, by lending you cbreath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own dwill, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your ewhole souls yet ye would be funprofitable servants.

22 And behold, all that he arequires of you is to bkeep his commandments; and he has cpromised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth dvary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do ekeep his fcommandments he doth bless you and prosper you.



23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.

24 And secondly, he doth arequire that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bbless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?



I am eternally endebtted to him. I always will be.


I just wanted to take 2 minutes to write you my testimony for the last time in my mission. I know God lives. He loves us so much that his whole purpose is our eternal life and immortality. He is completely consumed in the work of salvation. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. Without him, the Plan of Salvation would not take effect(affect?) in our lives and we would be eternally lost. Really I know that this time in the mission is our greatest opportunity that we have to participate in the great plan our God and help participate in the lives of others so that they too can be redeemed by Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Ghost, and Persevering to the End. LOSE YOURSELF IN THE WORK! Once we get completely consumed in the will of the father, that is when we feel the sanctity and the power of having the Trinity work on our side. I know God will always win.
TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE GOOD NEWS!!

I love you all and I´ll be seeing you in a week!

Lots of eternal love,

Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment