That scripture will sum up about all that I am going to write you..... A LOT!! because a lot has happened since the last time i wrote you.
1. Hna Lopez. this week we had the opportunity to meet Hermana Lopez. she is the mom of an inactive member in our ward that we have been trying to reactivate. So we started talking to her and she invited us in. so we sat down, and started talking about her life and such. she told us all about all the misisonaries that have visited her throughout her life and she remembers all of their names. She told us two stories in particular that I thought were really cool.....
a. One day about 20 years ago, they were eating dinner as a family and they didnt have much to eat, just a couple slices of bread. And it was two days before Christmas. There was a knock at the door and it was one of her favorite elders in the ward. She invited him in, and she invited him to eat. He said ok, and sat down. she gave him some of the bread that her kids were going to eat. the elder said to give the bread to her kids so that they could eat and be filled. The he asked them if he could give the blessing on the food. she said of course and so he gave the blessing. During the blessing he asked that the lord would provide enough food so that every person could be filled for christmas. then after the blessing they started eating. The elder stopped, looked at the kitchen table and said, hermana, give some of those Papas Fritas to the kids. The hermana was like what? what papas fritas? she turned around and saw that there were french fries made on the kitchen table. so she went and got them all and they started eating. then they finished and the elder said, hermana, go get the french fries and bring them. the hermana turned around, confused by what she saw, and saw that there were more french fries than before and she served them. After about 2 mores times of doing this, they finished eating, and the elder said his goodbyes and left..... The next day, Christmas eve, she had an interview with the bishop. She told the bishop this story, and the bishop said.... hmmmm.... who came with the elder? The hermana, realizing now, looking back tot he day before, that the elder did not have his companion with him.... The bishop said that was interesting, and grabbed a letter out of his desk and gave it to her.... The Hermana opened it up and started reading. It was from the Elder who she had been visited. It said that he was sorry that he could not visit her before he left but he had to be emergancy transfered. It was dated the 22nd of December.... So yeah, I just thought that was a cool story.
2. Hna Lopez. The second story
One day, she invited the elders over for dinner. They came and started eating. Once again not having much to eat. so after the prayer, they started eating... One of the elders smelt something, *sniff*, he said, wht is that? It smells like my moms homemade bread that she always makes. then there was a knock at the door. There was a old man, holding a large bag. the man gave the bag to her, and said that he hopes that she has a great christmas! then he went and walked away. She brought the bag to the table and opened it up. At once, the elder started to cry and realized that it was the exact same bread that his mom makes to give out for christmas, with the same wrapping and everything. They ate it all and left. then the elder got to call home for Christmas. He started telling his mom this story when his mom stopped him, and told him a story. she hadd been making the Christmas bread for everyone to give out when there came a knock at the door. It was an old man. He asked if he could have one of the breads, and she, feeling that she needed to do it, said of course and gave it to him. He then left.... Another really cool story that I thought was cool. Just to let you know, the Elder was from the US too.
3. Dario. We had been contacting a lot, like usual, when elder montalban and i had the feeling that we needed to go see a man named Dario. So we went to his house. He was there, let us in, and we started talking. He kept asking us if someone sent us.... liek his mom or someone. we just said no, and that we had a feeling that we needed to come see him. He then started crying and telling about how his wife left him and his daughter and he was praying to god that us missionaries would come by and help him. BOOM. The spirit was so strong. Oh man, So yeah, we have him getting baptized the 24th! :)
4. Pie de E Montalban. We were playing soccer on thursday and elder montalban kicked a pole with all of his strength (the ball was there too), and needless to say, his foot is huge!! :) its cool looking.
5. Hna Lopez after. Hna Lopez also got robbed this week.... But she said that the only thing that they left was her triplet and it fell open to DC 122(i think) where it talks about Joseph smith and peace be unto thy soul. she is full of cool experiences!!
6. Pension. We are moving!! we found a pension tht is reallllllly nice and cheap. so were moving this week!! woohoo.
7. Contactos. me and my comp made our goal of contacts!!
8. Reading. Im in Omni is my personal reading and its cool to see what is going on in there :)
9. Servicio con el auto. Yesterday, edler m and i were walking back to our pension where we stopped and helped a bunch of guys lift a car on the back of a trailer..... Priesthood Power Baby!! :)
10. Last thoughts. I love you all!, and i hope you have a great week :)