A LOT of things happened this week it sounds like. Dad has got the slaves working out in the yard again.. nice. Dad did a hack job on the trees.... But i bet they look just fine. Mom is mowing the lawn (not as good as me... but whatever). Derek is leaving to go to Guatemala.... WAY COOL! what mission is it again? I think it was Quetzaltenango? Does Matt have his call yet? I´m still guessing he´s coming here. Gabby is getting married! Way cool as well. To who? Tiff has a lot of Sunday meetings it sounds like. Marci is waiting for a visit from Cassie and Tiff this week. That should be pretty fun right?
Other news: WE HAD PEOPLE IN CHURCH!! :) I know the church is true.
1. Charli. This last week we met Charli! Definitely the most chosen guy I have yet to meet here in Argentina.
Story time: So.... about three weeks ago we were contacting houses and I saw a house and was like, "we should knock on that one." So we did. A young mom (Mariela) came out with her baby and we started talking to her. She wasn´t interested in the message we were going to give so we said we´d pass by another day. Then the brother (Fernando) of her came from behind us and entered into the door and started talking to us. He was WAAYAYYYYYY high on shrooms or something. He talked about how he had once talked to missionaries ad thought it was cool what we did. He told us to come back another day.
Then about a week and a half ago we went to go visit José. We started talking to him about his baptism that is supposed to be for the 26 and how we´re going to have to bump it back a week or two because he´s going to be out of town. Then this girl (Valeria) walked in and we started talking to her. She invited us to come to her house so that we can take pictures with her or something and talk to her more. We got her direction and I was like, "hey, do you live in the house thats on the corner?" ...."yeah. why"..... "Because we passed by there a couple of days ago and we met Fernando and Mariela.".... "Yeah! they´re my siblings!".... "oh way cool!".... Then we forgot to go by.... :P
Then about a week ago, we were walking down a street and we were just talking and this guy was a distance away in front of us. I looked at him and felt that we should contact him. But.... i didn´t.... :( Then he passed, and I told Elder Holtby that he looked like a preacher from a catholic church.
Then last week, Elder Vilchis and I went to that one house that Elder Holtby and I forgot. We knocked on the door and met the preacher man!!! WAy cooll! We started talking to him, he wasnt to interested, but still let us in. We started talking about his entire life and then we shared with him a couple of scriptures from the book of mormon. HE LOVED IT! Yes, the preacher man is named Charli, He´s 52, has 6 kids, and he is testifying to his friends about the power that the book of mormon has. HE IS LEGIT. He came to church yesterday, loved it, and he is reading the Book of Mormon daily, preparing for his baptism the 2nd of June. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. It really can change a man´s heart in an instant with the words that it has.
2. Valeria. She is the daughter of Charli. We are working with her a lot too. She´s just a little bit scared to come to church still becuase we shared with her the message o the Restoration, and before the lesson she was so sure that her church (evangelists) was true... but during the lesson, she was studying the pamphlet like a fiend, and by the end of the lesson... I asked her how she felt because she hadn´t said anything during the whole lesson. She said, "Im confused....".... "Im sorry, we kinda rushed through this really fast. do you have any questions?".... "No, im not confused about that. I understood everything you told me. Im just confused...." after a while we dug it out of her and we found out that really she didn´t know if her church was true..... YES!!! :) I testify that we are the only church that has the proper priesthood authority from god to do the saving ordanances here upon the earth.
3. GF of David. We got an inactive kid to come to church and start prepping for a mission. and he brought his girlfriend to church with him. WOOHOO!
4. Familia Gonzalez. We stopped by their house on the way to church to wake them up to get going. The dad said he was too tired. The daughter came and told us that the dad was sleeping and we just said, "ok, and you? are you coming?".... "hmmm.... yeah... wait a minute" we waited and her, her brother, and her sister came out and came to church with us! :) I testify that working with the inactive members really does work.
5. Rama plan. President Arnold of the 70 told our branch president that instead of teaching classes before sacrament meeting, we are going to go and search for the inactive members in our ward to get them reactivated so that we can become a ward before december.
6. Temple. I testify that heaven is not as far as everyone thinks. I know that the temple is where the heavens and the earth meet. It is simply a small drive away to be in the cleanest and most pure place on the face of the earth. I know that in the temples we perform saving ordenances for ourselves and our fellow brethren who have allready passed on.
7. Dedication. the buenos aires temple is being rededicated the 9th of september. And I might get to see it! They are going to broadcast all of the dedication to the churches here in córdoba. so the churches will just be little extensions of the temple. I am super excited to see a dedication in real life!
8. Temple in Córdoba. The temple in Córdoba is progressing really well! They are continually working on it, and in 2 years or so it should be done. Get your bags packed family! :)
I love you all and i hope you are all well.
Lots of Love,