Monday, August 13, 2012

Letter #51

Dear Family,

Each week it is awesome to hear from each and every one of you. But you need to give me more details in your emails! Because I dont understand a thing! Where is the pool at in the yard? They cut the gas and lights? We have a new fence with an electric opener+ Haha, this all makes no sense to me. Cassie, you need to send me pictures of all of the work that they are doing. I want to see this baby in progress. And its awesome to hear from all of you. Know that I love you and pray for each of you every day and every night.

This week here in the mission was awesome. We had a LOT of lessons and a lot of people in church again. We had a total of 5 investigators in the church this week and they were all new people that haven´t gone before. Our father in heaven really does love each and every one of us and I know that he wants us to be successful.

I also had the opportunity to give a talk in church this week. The bishop let me know Saturday at 10:30 at night but atleast it wasn´t the morning of the talk :D. I talked out our baptismal covenant and what we promise each week when we partake of the sacrament. I also read about Peter and the discussion that he had with Christ in John 21. I think it was a good talk but hopefully everyone understood me.

So yeah, we had 5 people in church this week.

1. Ruth, she really basically is a member, but she just does not want to be baptized for some reason.....

2. Denis. She woke up early, threw away her cigarettes and she came to church. The real miracle of it all is that she has not smoked since yesterday. She is really excited for her baptism the 25th and she is really trying hard to stop smoking.

3. Natividad. Denis also is doing some missionary work. She brought her little sister along to accompany her at church and Denis bore her testimony to Natividad. It was really cool. So now we will be teaching them both tonight.

4. Sol. David Gudiño, a member, brought his cousin to church and she said she wants to be baptized..... So of course we said that we´ll help her prepare herself.

5.Joaquin. He is a little brother of a member, Mauro, who came to church this week. He also told us that he wants to be baptized. So we went to his house yesterday to talk to his parents to see if we could and she said that she would love for him to be in the church and to be baptized. And afterwards, the grandpa told us that he wants us to teach his wife. So we´ll be visiting them all this week to teach the son, the grandma, and to help the family come back to church.

This week we also had a holiday here in Argentina. El día del niño. All of the kids received presents from their parents and there was a lot more people at church this week. I think we had 120 people there.

Today as a pension, we are all going to go play basketball with a couple of the young men and women in the ward. and they said that they would all bring a friend that isn´t a member. I think this will be a good activity for the young people in our ward to help their friends start coming to the activities.

We also went and taught Familia Medina again. They have read a lot of the book of mormon as a family and are really excited to start having family home evenings with the members of the ward. But the only problem they have is that they still haven´t come to church. So we´ll start seeing the possibilities of this next week.

So to finish up i want to bear my testimony. I know that God loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer. They both have sacrificed for us and they want us to be happy. Every small thing that we do here in this life, will add up in the end and we will receive the benefits of what we have done. For small and simple things, are great things brought to pass. I testify that families can be together forever. We are here on this earth with a purpose, and this purpose is to return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know these things and I testify them to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all.

Be safe and have a great week.

Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment