So yeah, this week was amazing! We had a lot of success :D
1. Denise was baptized. We were having troubles with denise one day and she was having problems with her family saying that they didn´t want her to get baptized.... So we went over, had a realllllly spiritual lesson and then afterwards she told us that we convinced her and that she received her answer. She said shéd get baptized that weekend! :D and yeah, she did get baptized. It was one of the best baptisms i have ever been at. She asked Elder Goates to baptize her and so i got a front row view of the baptism. I always like to hear what are the first words of the peopel when they get baptized. When she came out of the water, her first words were, "I feel so good and clean." Just think.... your whole life full of sins... getting washed away in an instant. That would be an amazing feeling.
2. 5 people at church. We had 5 investigators at church. Natividad(12) who is getting baptized in two weeks with Florencia and Maria Pia. Rocio(15) and Belén(11) who are sisters that came to church for the first time and loved it. Ruth(18) who started reading and praying again and decided to start coming to church as well. Then we had some random guy show up.... his name is José.
3. Activity with the young mens and young women. We also had an activity with the Young men and women this week. They invited us to come play basketball against everyone to see if we could beat them.... and of course we did. :D we dominated. There were a lot of investigators there as well.. I think like 15. Afterwards they decided to have a waterfight so me and and Goates went inside to prepare for the baptism. Then we have to go outside and head to the pension to find some tape.... meanwhile.... they cornered us elderes and started drenching us in water.... It was awesome. haha. I might have some pictures of it to show you all.
4. Zone Conference. We had an awesome zone conference and president Salas talked a lot to us about the book of mormon. Hermana Salas told us that we need to be united as a pension, as a district, as a zone, and as a mision. It was a really good conference and I learned a lot. I also got to see elder Lindsley who was in my MTC group. He is doing way good. He is a stud.
5. José. So yeah, José came to church. The bishop came up to me after church and told me that José wanted to talk to me about getting baptized.... Uh.... ok!! So yeah, he said that he had received the lessons before and that he had been reading a lot of the book of mormon and that he received an answer. He wants to get baptized and married in the temple. So we should be baptizing him here pretty soon... As long as he gets married quick!
So after everything that has happened, i just want to say that miracles are real. Prayers are answered. And service is one of the most important things we can do in this life to help god in his purpose.
I hope you are all ok and that you are enjoying the pool... haha
Elder Gray! :D