Monday, January 30, 2012

Letter #23

Mom!!! and family. crazy stuff happened this week.

1. My dear friend Zachary Buttie Rasmussen is now home because he has to get knee surgery. be sure to tell him Te qiuero mucho and that i can´t wait to seem him back with his plack on. this really is the best place to be.

2. I was transferred to my second area. I am here in Barrio Jardín with elder Maltaban. He is from Chile and we haven´t gotten to talk much because today has been crazy!! (this is why the letter is so late).

3. It rained like crazy today! I got to this new area and I guess god was a little sad that I left 20 de Junio/La Madrid, because it poured like a mad-man! It was fun to be knee deep in water walking down the street after playing a good game of soccer. but all the day we couldn´t leave the pension because of the other elders that were there.

4. Like i said, im here in Barrio Jardín. which means garden... and the people here are sooooo rich!!! and there is a soccer stadium 6 cuadras (dont know how to say it in english) from our pension.... and of course it has to be of the ugliest team in Córdoba.... freaking Talleres! I am from the team called Belgrano and we hate the Talleres!! God is funny. first he puts me in the zone that has the stadium of Belgrano... and i learn to love the celeste shirts and such.... then he sends me to the heart of Talleres, their rivals.....

5. My second counselor gave me a Argentina jersey before i left!! legit... speaking of which, do you still have all my jerseys? if you could send them in my next package, that would be AMAZING!!! everyone makes fun of me because i only wear my germany jersey.... but whatever! Gotta Represent!!

6. Les pido que pueda enviar mis cd´s. the one that has all the talks of that one guy... cant remember his name.... but its the talks with garbage digger.... and the mission i missed... life is a rollercoaster etc.

7. I can actually talk pretty good! I can hold on to a conversation for about 15-20 minutes now.... and if its about the gospel, then more! The only thing i lack is the slang here in Córdoba... there is a lot!! and "thats not the language they taught me at the MTC" -The best two years. so yeah, im just starting to learn all the slang with my new comp!

8. I am on day.... 13 of my fast!! I am close to completing my second week and its crazy how much more is happening in 20 de Junio right now.

9. We live with 3 old ladies... so it is kinda like what that website said. you have a lady who lives with you.... but she doesn´t cook or clean for us.... PUCHA!

10. I can feel a big ol chest cold/cough coming on.... boozer.

11. I complete 6 months in March!! not february. I think the fumes from the maté were getting to me last week....

Moroni 9:6..... and Mosiah 28:3...? i think. These are some scriptures that really impacted me this week. I still need to learn how to be good with the scrips though...

I hope everyone is amazing! I know that there will be hard times... but if you just work and work and work, you will get through it.

Tell the ward i said hi and that i miss them! Thanks for all their love and their prayers!

And cassie, Cuidate con este chango. Vos sos mi mejor amiga!

ps... what is the address for Shayla?
 
Moroni 9:6  
       And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor adiligently; for if we should cease to blabor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.
 
Mosiah 28:3
      Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not abear that any human bsoul should cperish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure dendless torment did cause them to quake and etremble.

No comments:

Post a Comment